For instance, it is now found that SOY is bad for you. Actually the soy farmers have known this all along as they first grew it only for animal feed, but big business got involved and began to incorporporate it into so-called health foods until it even has arrived at a level of acceptance as a trendy and natural healthy food alternative.
A recent health article written by the daughter of a soy farmer and a trained and licensed Naturopath has listed these 7 reasons that soy products are bad for us.
1. Unless it specifies Non-GMO on the label, it is genetically modified. And even if it’s non GMO, unless it says organic, chances are it’s been sprayed heavily with pesticides.
2. Soy interferes with your thyroid function. If you have any thyroid issues, avoid soy like the plague!!
3. Soy contains phytoestrogens, which act like estrogen in the body. This is a HUGE reason not to give your baby soy formula. Just 2 cups of soymilk a day has shown to alter menstrual cycles. Just think what several bottles a day could do to a tiny baby!
4. Soy products contain aluminum because they are acid washed in aluminum tanks
5. Soy contains phytic acid or phytates that actually block important minerals from being absorbed in the body.
6. Soy is not a complete protein, it lacks the amino acids cysteine and methionine.
7. Soy is a high allergen food and ranks up there with peanuts, milk, and eggs.
It is important as parents that we learn how to do some research on our own regarding what we feed out children and ourselves. We simply cannot trust something as important as our kids lives and health to the trends and whims of science and big business. It may appear overwhelming but it is worth the effort.
The least we can do is not fall for anything that appears radical or restrictive. Balance is a good rule to depend upon for healthy living.
For more information on this topic go to: AmandaBox.com and thehealthyhomeeconomist.com