The key to making these games special is that they are only used on rainy or snowy days. That way they do not become too normal and therefore boring. Look around your home and let your imagination fly. What fun and silly stiff could you do with what you already have in your house?
Here are a few ideas to get your imagination going:
• Create a blanket fort or city. Simply drape your bed blankets, sheets and bedspreads over the furniture. A blanket over the dining room table magically becomes a peaceful and whimsical inner sanctum.
• Rearrange your furniture in one room in a totally silly fashion. Shove the couch over in front of the door or hallway entrance and see how the kids react.
• Let the kids cut up old magazines and create colorful collages for their rooms.
• Keep a special box of old grown-up clothes for crazy dress up days!
• Tell the kids that you will film them acting out a skit they have written themselves.
• Ask the older kids to set up a treasure hunt for the younger ones.
• Blow up a balloon or two and play “Keep It In the Air” for as long as possible.
As you can see, your home is full of ideas and possibilities of creative silliness to fill an empty day with fun and laughter.